Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Haalll-le-lu-jah!

Cue "Handel's Messiah"...

Well it's only cupboards-in for now. As for the required stainless steel appliances, we are slowly accumulating from a variety of places such as Gray's Online, Ebay, and a seemingly nice Middle Eastern gentleman I bumped into when I took a wrong turn in West Sunshine.

Meanwhile...

Opal has moved paddock. She now lives with Churchy friends Andy and Cherie on their charming little 5-acreage only a short walk from Lara's Elcho Park Pony club grounds. Opal, or "Ope's" as she is now known in fine Aussie name-abbreviating tradition, has no other horsies in the paddock. As a result she appreciates our company and as such is now extremely well behaved. Our earlier brush with a potentially expensive horse illness turned out to be little more than a hormone imbalance.

In fact, Ope's is now the best behaved young woman in our family!

Notice I said "young" so I'm not talking about Sharon so I'm immune to...

...oh wait, that made it worse...

ANYHOO just t'other day, Omi, her new friend from her un-named school and me walked Opey down to the Pony Club. The thought of using a horse float hadn't occurred to me, partly because the Club is "just down the road", and partly because we don't own one (expensive billykart toy still not sold. Come on!!)

Trouble is, "just down the road" always looks different when you're driving. When you're walking two Year 7 girls and a Pony who has little exposure to moving traffic, it all seems much further.

In the end, Opey was less stressed about the passing cars than I was. Although she did get jittery at the sign of, um.....a sheep.

At the Pony Club grounds all the girls, two and four-legged, had a great time, according to Omi. Double Hallel-looo-yah!

I'll write more later, unless I get injured in a spectacular mountainbike crash, which is looking more exceedingly likely every time I venture out to the spectacular You Yangs. One can but hope...

.

No comments: