Sunday, April 19, 2009

Facebook: Stop now while you still can...

Sharon reckons I'm spending too much time on facebook.

She's absolutely right, but it could always be worse. I have been given permission to use the details of a good friend who has sunk into the lowest depths of facebook addiction and wants his case to be highlighted to warn others.

I did promise to change his name, however, so we will simply refer to him as "Mr. S. Anderson".

A true barometer of the degree to which facebookery has ruined one's life, is the number of pointless facebook "fun" quiz's one takes part in.

So far, Dave...er, Mr S. Anderson has partaken in the following banal facebook quizzery.

- The "What's your Bible IQ" quiz
- IQ Test
- Brain game
- The Ultimate Grammar Quiz
- The "What's your inner nationality?" quiz
- The "What's your five favourite breakfast cereals of all time?" quiz (he picked Cocoa-pops three times)
- The "what type of chicken are you?" quiz
- The "which Harry Potter character are you?" quiz
- "Are you smarter than a 5th-Grader?"
- "Where should you be living?" (His answer was San Fransisco. Hmmm. Big hmmmmm...)

Folks, I realised something was wrong after doing the "Which 'Scrubs' character are you?" test, and I stopped immediately. Keep David in your prayers.

(I was JD if anyone wants to know).


.

2 comments:

David said...

that's great - thanks Patrick. And i just sent you an invite for FBA. You know you want to.

P. H. Atherton said...

And now I've just done the "Do you know airport codes quiz". I need help. Darn you. Darn you all to heck...